Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ryan Montbleau Band - SongBird






   If you don't know who Ryan Montbleau is, you're missing out! Montbleau is a singer/songwriter from Massachusetts. I'm never sure what genre to label him, since his style sounds like a mix of things. I guess if I had to place him in a genre it would be Folk Rock. He tours with his band (creatively named "Ryan Montbleau Band")  in the Philly area quite often. He also performs solo quite a bit. In fact, he just played solo at the Tin Angel in Philly this past month! I recently went to his show at Philly's own World Cafe Live in November 2011. I had so much fun!
   
The song that I posted below is from his album "Heavy on the Vine". I love all of the songs from this album, but "Songbird" has to be my absolute favorite. It's fun to listen to live because he invites the audience to imitate a bird in the beginning (unfortunately, he doesn't do that in this video). I also love the reggae sound in this song. 
    
The meaning I have placed on this song is based on my own life experience. It may mean something different to someone else. It's all about "reader response". I think the song's message is "You are the only one who can create your own song. Don't let anyone else tell you how to sing your song, how to live your life. Be yourself!" Here's a link to the lyrics if you'd like to check them out: http://www.onlylyrics.com/ryan-montbleau-band-lyrics-1050780.php. When you're done reading, check out the video below. Happy Listening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment